Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I just picked up my new 2010 EX last week and noticed what many of you have noticed which is the low beam headlights are aimed way too low. I made the adjustment up but they just don't seem to be bright enough on some of the rural roads I drive on (high beams are ok when I can use them). I was wondering if anyone has changed out the low beams with a different type of bulb to improve it (you get this line you can't see above)? I was also wondering if the addition of the factory fog lights help much and if anyone has installed them themselves? I read here and checked that you can buy them from collegehillshonda or Bernardi for under $350 delivered. Any insight (no pun intended!) to this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Welcome aboard.

You can seitch out the lamps for brighter bulbs like silver stars or even go HID. Just make sure if you go HID you get the relay kit.

The fogs arent that bright. They help light up the area in front of your bumper and the ditch banks. I have HIDs in those too and they seem to help when I cant run my brights because of a lot of traffic, but do give a bit more light than low beams. Ive installed mines, but dont think its worth the 600 bucks my dealer quoted unless you get fog soo thick you cant see jack in front of your car. In those conditions I turn off my low beams and run with just fogs and parking lights. I can see to go a good 20 or so mph.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cobb. I will try the sylvania silver star ultra (H11SU). Hope that does the trick. I'm used to driving a 4X4 truck that sits higher and gives you better lighting at night. I'll post how it goes, thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put in the Sylvania Silvestars (not the ultras) and they definitely help. I think that when these burn out I will go with the ultras.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts