Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason the "lowbeam" headlights are not working. I was told that the lamp for "low" must have burned out.

So, I got new lights, and replaced them. They seemed to be working, but then later the first night they went out again.

High beam works fine. Low not working. Anyone know anything about this? Wiring problems?

Steele Andrews
Silvanus Lodge
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
There was a "recall" on the headlight switch assy. Contact your local Honda dealer. Have them run the vin number to see if the recal was done on your vehicle. I can't remember the details, they are posted here at ICN . Search is you rbest bet.
HTH
Willie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willie, thanks for the lead. It may well have been the recall. What happens is the plug connection to the light bulb overheats and causes the low beam to burn out. As I replaced the bulbs and they burned out the next time I used the car; this could be the problem. Interesting that the dealer said if the recall had already been addressed, that I would have to pay the second time (for a defective part, or poorly done job). They said they would check on that. I spoke with Honda headquarters, and was told Honda covers their own mistakes... just not ware and tear. Overall, I think the dealers are not as good as the company or the car. We'll see. Sounds like the parts cost $150 and they were talking about all sorts of labor time... WHATEVER... ticks me off as I just bought the new bulbs for the car. I'll follow up after I get to the Honda dealer Thursday.

·
7,136 Posts
Take your business to a different dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts