Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bushings are gone, I need two new lower control arms.

Repairing them is no option as I don't have the time to hassle with the car anymore, so I'm willing to spend money for a quick fix (or fast as possible).

New from Honda: $270 per side
New from Dorman: https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-68210-522-516.aspx about $150 per side
New from 'Auto Mac parts': https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left-Right-Lower-Control-Arm-w-Ball-Joint-for-Honda-Insight-2000-2006/192755320949?fits=Model:Insight|Make:Honda&hash=item2ce11cc875:g:318AAOSwpaVcEBdS $230 for both

Any experience with one of these? Honda doesn't do them on their own but I don't want to have a problem with them in a few years again either.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
The MAC site says lifetime warranty. Whose life yours, or the vehicles.?
How many miles on your vehicle now?

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Well you will be able to get the Honda ones in europe from your local dealer and they will have at least a years warranty. The originals have lasted 15+ years that seems fair to me, and the new Honda ones should do the same.

The US pattern (Quality?) ones though apparently cheaper up front will presumably attract a hefty shipping/customs/import charge into Switzerland, and if they fail are you going to send them back to America? The cost of shipping alone could easily be $100.

Honda only for me as we live in europe.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is 19 years now with 90k miles on it. We have a very strict MOT.

I usually buy Honda OEM parts. But in this case, I won't spend around $650-700 (including shipping, customs etc.) for two OEM arms. The $230 option will result in about $350 after all ($230 + shipping $40 + customs maybe $70).

If they fail I'll have to write them off. But that's the reason for me of asking other people here on the forum about their quality. Are they good for 8-10 years?

If the OEM ones fail sooner than the ones that came with the car I'm lost here too as their warranty is limited. Customer service is very bad in Europe either.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found some from ACDelco for $175 per side of their 'Professional' line. I might give them a try. 45D2452 and 45D2453

1 - 8 of 8 Posts