Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ran into an issue.

Jacqueline citrus has an aftermarket cat that the previous owner put in. It looks a little bit longer and the normal 2000 oxygen sensor will not reach. What should I do? Should I be using the normal sensor with this aftermarket cat in the first place? Can I move the adapter socket or Is there an off-the-shelf lengthening adapter?

The current oxygen sensor keeps pulling loose because it's so tight and I bought the proper replacement year 2000 NTK replacement but it doesn't look to be any longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
12,041 Posts
Then reposition where the plug connection is.
If it is pulling loose, it is not "clicking" into the "locked" position.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anybody know what kind of connector the oxygen sensor uses? If so, we could make up some short little PNP extension adapters.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Does anybody know what kind of connector the oxygen sensor uses? If so, we could make up some short little PNP extension adapters.
Michigan Motorsports 02 O2 Oxygen Sensor Harness 4 Wire 32" Fitment for Honda Acura Civic Integra Prelude Applications Amazon.com: Michigan Motorsports 02 O2 Oxygen Sensor Harness 4 Wire 32" Fitment for Honda Acura Civic Integra Prelude Applications : Automotive

[Edit]: You don't need something this long, but this points you in the right direction

·
Registered
319 Posts
I didn't know they made oxygen sensor extension cables. Thanks Balto! I ordered this shorter one: link

Circuit component Camera accessory Automotive tire Font Cable

After installation I immediately got a CEL and P0141 though. Even after resetting the CEL using the Torque app, it immediately comes back.

I knew my oxygen sensor was good because I don't get a CEL if I don't use the oxygen sensor extension cable.

Turns out I did not push the ends of the oxygen sensor extension cable far enough into their sockets. Thanks Willie for the tip! The CEL is gone now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts