Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last 3-4 months I have noticed my MPG dropping steadily & the SOC indicator will no longer maintain a charge over 50%. :(

The dealer says it's due to the weather but I feel a 30mpg drop is ridiculous. :shock:

Any suggestions???? :idea:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a result of my problems, the dealer has had the car 3 times now & they claim that there can't be a problem as their computer says so!!!

I spoke with Honda UK & explained the reduced mpg, inability for the IMA pack to go above 50% SOC unless force charged & the increased number of recals the car is suffering from.

After talking to the dealer, Honda UK have put in a claim to replace the pack under warranty.

RESULT :D

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Congratulations Mark :)

At least we now know for certain that Honda will replace battery packs on UK spec Insights. Out of curiosity, what is your current mileage (over 80K yet)?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now being told by dealer that the 8 year warranty on the IMA only applies to cars registered after 2003.

Even though my extended warranty says it's covered!!!!! :x

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just gets better.

I am now being told, although it states in the extended Hondacare Warranty document that the car is covered for 8years/80,000 miles from registration date with no manufacture date stated, that in fact it's not (unless built after 2003).

To rub salt into the wound, I am now told that unless I get the IMA pack repaired, the rest of the warranty is void!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Hi Mark

Your Hondacare Warranty is a contract between you and the dealer (and I guess Honda as its there warranty the dealer is selling). If the paperwork states 8years/80k without any restrictions (like registered after 2003) then they have to honour it. If you havent already, ring the Hondacare number on the paperwork and seek their advice. Does your original service book say anything about IMA warranty?

My car is at 75k - maybe its time to get rid!

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
That has got to be rubbish about IMA warranties from 2003 onwards. It sounds to me as if the dealer doesn't want to do the work - unusual/difficult job, lack of parts, possibly having to give you a courtesy car for two months etc. Phone Honda UK and be firm but polite!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's Honda UK that are giving me the problems!!!!

I have sent a copy of the warranty documents to my solicitor & he says that they are obliged to repair the car.

Honda however are refusing to budge.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Isnt the answer the small claims court - Im not sure whether you need to get the work done and then claim the cost back off Honda (plus your costs for hire car etc)

John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honda have admitted they have cocked up. :D

The extended Hondacare warranty covers the IMA pack, so a new one is now on order.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Good news! :)

Any clearer on whether the 2003 onwards rule is actual official policy?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 2003 onwards rule IS Honda poluicy apparently!!!!!!

Although if you take out the Hondacare extended warranty that covers you up to a maximum of 8 years or 80,000 miles.

They are also replacing the rear alloy wheels (3rd time) due to corrosion where the laqure gets chipped & water gets in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts