Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
The interceptor is used mainly to fake a fixed 75% Soc so you can use all your extra capacity without regen kicking in and limited assist etc.
If you don't have one the SOC will tick down quickly and regen will start.
The interceptor can also stop assist or regen depending on programmed voltages to protect your pack.
You would need to let me know what maximum and minimum voltages you wanted then I can compile some firmware for your pack.

Don't use pots for the BCM fooler and VPIN, used fixed value 1% tolerance resistors of the appropriate value
to get the voltage down to the working range. You will then be sure they are correctly matched.

Use a voltage divider calculator to work out what resistors you need.

Voltage Divider Calculator

Resistor 2 is 100k for the above.

Put in your source voltage, (218V) and then experiment with different values for Resistor 1.

27K for R1 gets you 171V peak with a 218V pack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Peter, this is some info I was not aware of. We did not discuss min/max voltages. So at this point my packs are starting around 174 and drop a drop a volt maybe and regen. Is this the condition we are looking for? Or should I disable regen until I get to a lower voltage. It pretty much behaves as the Nimh pack did, but these are not Nimh. I am looking more for longevity than for performance. What voltage would it be programmed for if we did not discuss. Is it correct that Mini Int is faking 75% of actual voltage?

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
P What voltage would it be programmed for if we did not discuss.
None probably. It's set upto use the logic level analog inputs via switches so you can manually disable assist or regen.

What do you regard as you pack fully charged and fully discharged voltages?
What level do you not want the car to go above or below?
They are what we program into the BCM Interceptor if you want that functionality.

Is it correct that Mini Int is faking 75% of actual voltage?
No. Not when talking about the SOC.

It fakes a static 75% SOC, which means the car will assist and regen freely and is at the optimum SOC.

Please post further BCM Interceptor questions in the 'mini BCM interceptor' thread. (Make sure you have read all of it as well)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks
You have answered my questions. I wired in the assist/regen toggles on the parking brake cover as was my plan. That was kind of what I expected as a safety. It is assisting and regen as normal, but I want to keep voltages in the 160-174 range. Batteries will last longer if not charging to maximum. When I read the Mini interceptor thread, being able to disable them was what interested me the most, as well as being able to pass California's emission tests next spring with no error lights or codes.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts