Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I had been wondering if there were any independant, integretive, Hybrid repair shops anywhere in California.
Yesterday, somewhere online (maybe here?), I discovered Luscious Garage, a Hybrid Specialty Repair Shop in San Francisco, Ca. www.lusciousgarage.com
Yelp" is full of great reviews... http://www.yelp.com/biz/luscious-garage-san-francisco-2 I have not found any deragatory comments anywhere online.
WoW! I have been reading through their website and am really liking what I am reading!
I have spoken to Greg, one of the Techs, twice by phone, getting help with issues and getting an estimate.
I have not yet traveled to the shop, or used their services, but I will when I am next in need of service, repairs, or mod, if I cannot or do not want to do it myself .
I live 4 hours away (if no traffic) but am committed to trying them in the future because they seem to be everything I have been looking for in a repair shop. Repairs and service are SO costly and good Techs SO hard to find that a four hour drive is incidental and irrellavant to me if I am confidant in the Tech and the business.
They do maintenance service, repairs, and mods. They are in their 5th year of operation... They service Hybrid Taxis at night and private vehicles Tue-Fr, days with other appointment hours available by arrangement for urgent needs.
WoW. I don't remember the last time I was THIS excited about a shop!

Anyone out there used their services yet or done business with them?

·
6,928 Posts
I have heard good things about them. I think they're probably one of the few shops I would trust working on an Insight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input, Eli. Interesting that you have heard of them from where you live in NM, although they have gotten LOTS of good press around the country and even outside the country.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The previous owner of my car who lived in SF went religiously to Luscious Garage.. I haven't had the time to stop by to get any service record, but they are considered the 'de-facto' of hybrid shops around the bay area.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Looks like they are having a party on the 15th.4-8PM. Toyota people, Maybe free food!

Willie

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Carolyn is the BEST! The party will be rocking, I'm sure.

Actually if I was not running the GDE event I would head down there in a heartbeat.
If you guys want to bail out on dinner with us and go there instead, I would not be offended in the least. And actually I have some presents that need to go down there, so if someone comes from GDE and is headed down. I'll send it with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts