Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2001 5 speed Insight with 21000 miles on it a week ago in Dalton, GA and I love the car to death so far, its everything I'd hoped it would be. Last night however, while I was helping my dad change his transmission filter someone drives into the panel behind the driver's door and drives off leaving a dent the size of my hand and a scratched fender skirt. Does anyone have any recommendations for dent removal? Is the body service manual a good thing to have in a case like this? Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi Rex and welcome to the forum :!: :)

I'd let some of the paintless dent repair people take a _look_ at it first. Many dents can me "massaged" out of a panel. I've seen those guys do some things I'd have bet money on (and lost) that they couldn't do :!:

Just remind them that its aluminum their working with :!:

HTH! :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'll second that. I've heard nothing but good comments about paintless dent repair, and personally I know one person who had an excellent experience. The end result is obviously best when little or no actual damage to the paint is present.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies about PDR guys. I started working at the dent with some of those hot glue dent pullers and had pretty good results so far. I was really hoping for a way to access the panel from behind somehow, but I gave up after removing as much of the interior as I could. I got the Dent reduced to something a little smaller than a golf ball. Perhaps next month I can look into PDR once I get all my registration fees settle and NC decides how much they want from me in taxes after GA's take. Thanks again for the advice I was pretty distraught to see my new baby all dinged up after only a week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What a coincidence. I just bought my Insite in Nashville and drove it back to Cumming GA (just south of Dalton). Is yours auto or stick?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, if I'd read a little slower, I would have seen that yours is a 5 speed. Maybe see you around on SR 400, eh? Mine's a red 05.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts