Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like I will be getting mine tomarrow. I looked at these a couple years ago, and things didnt work out. Now with gas at 3.40 a gallon and going up still it just makes sence for my wife to drive an insight. Her daily car is a 550 hp turboed 98 ss camaro that we will be selling. Dont worry we have other hotrods, virtually all turboed since that is what I do. We will miss the camaro, it been great but at 16-18 mpg for commuting the insight just makes sence. We spend around 200-250 a month n fuel for the camaro, mostly 45-60 mph in traffic, that will hopefully change to 50-60$.

Im a hotrodder, so this is deffinately a different avenue for me, but I already have plans on hypermiling.

The car is a 2000 5sp, that has already had the bcm and pack changed, new tires, cd, dash cover and is on its second owner. Ill be the third. Both kept documetation of all service and repairs. It loks like a well kept car , Ill find out tomarrow when I pick it up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
congrats on the Insight, be prepared for a totally different driving style.

any plans to turbo the Insight? :D

(there is a guy on here that did it!)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You'll find that there are several people here who can be described as "hotrodders". Seems to be common perception that Insight owners are not car enthusiasts, while obviously the opposite is true. Of course the Insight is a performance car, just one with a different kind of performance. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ve noticed that. Yes I builder / fabricator. I may turbo it, but only if I can use it to get into lean burn better. Im leaving to go get it in a couple minutes, only a 600 mile drive home, so it should do it on one tank, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts