Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often go to the local mechanic shop to have my oil changes done as well as any other work. Is it hard to find some one who will work on my new Insight? Should I only use the Honda dealership? Also, as I was driving to work this morning I noticed that my state of charge was getting lower and lower. I was told that the car charges itself, but I am worried that I am doing something wrong. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Some of the best mechanics out there work in independent specialty shops. Simply follow the maintenance requirements in the owners manual. :)

Try the headlight on trick to maintain a higher SoC. (Yup, just turn 'em on. Its that simple :!: )

HTH! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you John! Today as I drove to work I turned the headlights on as you suggested. My commute is about an hour long and by the time I arrived at work my charge was full. I was a little concerned about buying this car since I know very little about it. But with this website there is so much knowledge available that I feel much more confident. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge! Lynn

·
Registered
109 Posts
:roll:

Sorry, I couldn't resist that!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay guys, fill me in! What's this about the name thing? Do you have little get togethers where all of the Insight owners meet and swap fishing stories?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Sorry Lynn,

There's a couple of inside jokes in there. Jeff's wife's name is Lyn (but I wasn't sure of the spelling, nor what I was in the middle of :!: :shock: ) And another member's nym in here is resist.

As far as get together's there's only been one so far. <G>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, thanks for clueing me in I guess!? If you all decide to have a little rally let me know. I think it would be a real kick in the pants to watch you guys give eachother a bad time. Thanks again for the tip on the lights, my charge has been good ever since. Lynn

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Lynn said:
Okay, thanks for clueing me in I guess!? If you all decide to have a little rally let me know. I think it would be a real kick in the pants to watch you guys give eachother a bad time. Thanks again for the tip on the lights, my charge has been good ever since. Lynn
Sorry about the extra noise. And glad to read that the headlights trick is working. But as the batteries age it will become less effective.

See:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=750

My first impression of Jeff from in here was that he is a real "kidder". However, he's a lot more subdued in person.

Sorry about the extra noise in your post. I'll keep it in a PM from now on :!: (Jeff you reading :?: <g>)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No need to apologize John, I'm just trying to kid a kidder! Besides you did give me some great tips and the "extra noise" just made it more fun and interesting!

Hopefully as the batteries age I will become more skillful in my driving techniques and not have to use tricks to keep the charge up.

Thanks again! Lynn

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome!

Hi, Lynn
Welcome to an interesting group! These folks know the Insight. I wish I'd dug deeper into the forum search feature before I bought the one I have. But since then, I've bought the complete service manuals for the car. So, I'm betting you might do some of your own work? If so and you (or your mechanic) need some info, PM me and I'll see what I can dig up. 8)
Happy MPG!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Wayne,

Thank you, I'm very excited about my new Insight! I found this website accidentally when I was trying to find an Insight to buy. It does look like there is a lot of knowledge and help available here. I'm afraid I know virtually nothing about auto mechanics, so I will not be performing my own maintenance. But when I do need some work done I would love to be able to give my mechanic some tips, so I may just take you up on your offer. Thanks again! Lynn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts