Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for someone to assist or work on my pair of 2000, and 2001 5 speed Insights. One has 240.000 miles and one 95.000 miles I am in the Portland, Oregon, Seattle Washington, Olympia, Washington area. I can keep up with the mechanical work, but the electrical is foreign to me. I am an old Mercedes diesel guy. They had vacuum lines in the day with ceramic fuses. I would also like to see if someone would be willing to assist or build one battery, maybe two. I have spare batteries for parts. I am willing to pay or trade labor for basic mechanical work, or be your understudy. I would be more than happy to drop a car to you. Thanks bob k.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,362 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumble bee will not have a lithium battery for a year, a basic battery with warranty is 2 grand for 5 years. thanks

·
Linsight Designer
2,224 Posts
IMO, if you want to kick a failing pack down the road for a couple more years, you're going to have to provide your own elbow grease. I understand you're "willing to pay or trade labor," but given that you're finding Eli's $2k pack with a 5 year warranty unreasonable, I propose you don't fully understand how much effort can be involved piecing together a 'good' pack from several broken ones. Even with an unlimited supply of dead IMA batteries, the time and effort you are asking someone else to commit to your car's failing IMA for less is unreasonable.

Eli has the correct equipment to rapidly match sticks together. Without that specialized hardware, your best bet is to attempt to "grid charge" the pack... this won't require swapping out any sticks, but it's also not a magic bullet... if your pack is truly beyond reprieve, no amount of grid charging will resurrect it.

I propose you outline what exactly you're wanting a community member to help you with. Tell us about your pack... any P codes? does it have a grid charger? Do you use it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Honda & Toyota Hybrid Battery Replacement | Bumblebee Batteries ?

Help me with this before I invest in a new IMA battery ...

'01 5MT, 245,000 miles. considering Bumble Bee IMA bat purchase, but want your input.
I've been driving it the last 10 months with a dead IMA battery. IMA battery did wake up suddenly a few weeks ago and acted almost normally, then went dead again after a few days and about 250 + miles.
Just checked my codes: one (1) only; P0141, with blink codes '6' and '5' only.
Any comments on what the state of this car actually is, before I invest in a 5 yr Bumble Bee?
Thanks, All.
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts