Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the maintenance required light on, originally it was blinking upon ignition then switched off after awhile. I'm at 150k miles and the owners manual only goes up to 120k for suggested maintenance. The last time my IMA went out i tried having the codes read and nothing came up. The car wouldn't even show up on the scanner, so I wanted to get other people's input before I try and fail to have them read again. In addition to that, the IMA light was out or removed because only the check engine light was on. I was told before that the codes can't be checked if a light is out. Anyways, it's almost time for an oil change, and the car is acting funny. I've noticed for awhile that if I come to a dead stop, engine still running, and I press the gas, it feels like the car gets rear ended because it goes up from 0 so quickly. If I don't press it hard enough, the car waits several seconds before it decides it wants to even start crawling. And the engine doesn't always shut off at stop lights. It revs high when I'm going slow, less than 15, and then goes back to normal. I have trouble getting full regen while coasting, and I have before a while. Lastly, I don't think I've ever achieved lean burn mode, even while at a steady spead on a flat highway. Thoughts or ideas for potential causes and/or fixes?

·
Super Moderator
8,778 Posts
The "maintenance required light" is signaling that the 7500 mile oil change interval is up. The light does not set codes because there is no malfunction. You can reset the light according to directions in the Owners Manual.

If you dash buttons have failed, then you will have to fix that first to reset the light. The member Highwater provides free exchange dash buttons. PM him if you need the button boards.

The IMA light should light briefly when the key is rotated to the "on" position, before the engine is started. That is the test of the light. Sometimes devious sellers remove the light to hide a bad IMA battery. If the IMA light test, as outlined, does not function then you will need to fix that also.

Try this approach: Test the right side dash buttons and make sure they function, reset the "maint req" light according to the Owners Manual, check the IMA light according to the above. Come back when you have this sorted.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,203 Posts
Need more info on vehicle. Manual or CVT?
Maybe put that in your Signature.
Willie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts