Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next book is out - a booklet, really. It's on how to make compound-curved interior trim panels for cars. The panels are ideal for kit and home-built cars, major sound system installs, or the complete re-trimming of interiors.

The technique uses sandwich foam panels that you actually develop in situ in the car, allowing the car to act as the mould - and so the panel always fits perfectly.

As far as I know, the technique I use is unique - I've never seen it used by anyone else. It's cheap, the panels are light and provide good sound insulation, and they're easily trimmed in carpet, cloth or leather.

Booklet is in full colour, 24 pages, has 65 pics showing step-by-step processes.

Re-trimming of the rear of a Gen 1 Insight is used as the example throughout the booklet.

Book cover:

What can be achieved (side and rear panels here are both compound-curved, foam sandwich panels):

·
Registered
618 Posts
While the work looks nice, I gotta ask something:
Most people are posting sources/pictures/step-by-step guides.
What's with books and booklets that you are selling? This is the first I've seen in this community.

·
Super Moderator
4,730 Posts
Julian is a professional journalist. He writes books for a living. He has shared many of his Insight projects with us in great detail. Do some searches. We are lucky to have him as a member of our community.

Sam

·
Registered
618 Posts
Julian is a professional journalist. He writes books for a living. He has shared many of his Insight projects with us in great detail. Do some searches. We are lucky to have him as a member of our community.

Sam
I didn't know he was a professional journalist!! Very cool!
I've been searching through imhis pictures and posts; very cool stuff.

I didn't mean to sound harsh... relooking at my post it may come across as such. No offense at all Julian!

The booklet preview above looks really nice. I love that black carpet as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts