Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, hope everyone's staying healthy out there. I just got into my g1 insight for the first time in 2 days and noticed a pretty considerable puddle In the left drivers side floor panel area. I am so shocked by this and have totally no idea where this could have came from. I'm in the process of ripping out the driver side interior to figure that out but can someone please tell me what this could possibly be? I dont see any leaking from anything up above from the ac/ a seon to the car. It did just rain last night and this morning but my window wasnt rolled down I am completely speechless, I put some pictures at the bottom iv soaked up most of the water but beilve me when I say there was a lot.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,472 Posts
Have you had your windshield replaced recently?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey willie, I think its coming from my windshield. I need to have its replaced actually and remember the technician saying when he attempted to replace it that the seals were dried out or something because it's a California car. I'm gonna get out a hose and confirm that's where its coming from today.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Check the drivers side pillor post they are known to leak .there a video scott has on YouTube on removal and reseal the clips..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having similar problem as holmese1, in that I have noticed my seatbelt is indeed wet. Nothing noticeable from windshield. Where do I find Scott's video referred above?

·
Super Moderator
7,938 Posts
Go to U-Tube and use their search bar. "Insight window garnish removal."

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to leave you hanging haha, it's been rainy weather this week. But I think I'll get around to it this weekend. Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. Stay healthy everyone!

·
Registered
34 Posts
in case nobody mentioned, be careful with removal of that piece as the clips often break. If you can just buy extra clips for the job (I don't have the link handy), and know that if you do break some clips even a little you'll likely end up losing that exterior molding piece going down the highway. You should be able to find this discussion in one of the stickies.

·
Super Moderator
5,018 Posts
in case nobody mentioned, be careful with removal of that piece as the clips often break. If you can just buy extra clips for the job (I don't have the link handy), and know that if you do break some clips even a little you'll likely end up losing that exterior molding piece going down the highway. You should be able to find this discussion in one of the stickies.
There is no "if". You HAVE to break the clips to remove the moulding. Watch the video.

Sam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts