Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i got a 300-watt amp subwoofer/amp combo and i didn't note a key factor! Anyone know what a safe limit the 2010 2nd gen insight can handle safely?
I know these cars don't have an alternator and they have really small starter batteries.

Thanks to anywho who knows & helps!!!!!! dont want to kill my car!

using 8 gauge wire as well ~.~

what i bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007AQ2W2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I don’t know the answer to the power issue, but gramps here would like to remind you that your hearing does not grow back. When sitting next to one of you at a signal I am annoyed not impressed. Try quality instead of volume.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don’t know the answer to the power issue, but gramps here would like to remind you that your hearing does not grow back. When sitting next to one of you at a signal I am annoyed not impressed. Try quality instead of volume.
I'm chiming in with egads. I'm constantly distracted by fairly severe tinnitus. Too much YES, Pink Floyd, and those other bands that made music that was going to ruin my morals. Turns out it fried my ears out, instead! I wish I'd been smarter and listened to those Darned Old Guys back then..

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Tinnitus here too, 24/7. Been there, done that, regrets all over but to no avail.
I hardly ever listen to music anymore, too annoying as the constant ringing spoils whatever is left. There's no cure too.

I bet the Insight can handle your amp easily, but your ears...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks looking at that tread its not that usefull cause it doesnt say the watt max or a save zone just that he messed up his car by going too 700 watts im only doing 300 watts.

ps this sub is weak not gonna shake any cars next to me at the light

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Several of us have upgraded our batteries to a 51R ... it probably would do the trick for your application
Damn, I just got a new battery too this year its a "Bosch Premium Performance Battery Group, Size 151R"

cca: 340 - cranking amps: 410 - reserve min = 55 - amp hr: 36 oe cca: 340

is that the right kind? it says 151R :/

·
Registered
622 Posts
151R is the stock size

51R is a civic battery ... juicier by every metric particularly if u get a gold or platinum autocraft, Sears, etc or an agm

It's a tight fit but it fits

1 - 9 of 9 Posts