Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm here in Boston and just picked up the insight with a maxx volt grid charger. Has a nicer (at least nicer than my others) grid charger connector. I'm not sure how common these are but I was wondering if you knew if these were common enough to source locally here somewhere in the boston area.

This battery is dead but am picking up another one tomorrow and wanted to make another wiring harness. I know I can cut the other one off the other battery but figured, I'd still try to play with it.
Thanks
Looks like a 9 pin round plug

·
Super Moderator
1,518 Posts
You might google search round 9 pin connector, it kind of looks like Tyco brand. May also be listed as TE or Amp connector. Also, search Ebay.

HTH,
Scott

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scott, I'll check it out on Google and with the names you listed. I was trying to find one locally here in a day or two and get it all hooked up before I drive back to CA. If not I'll to order some for when I get back to CA and just cut this one off for the time.
Thanks

You might google search round 9 pin connector, it kind of looks like Tyco brand. May also be listed as TE or Amp connector. Also, search Ebay.

HTH,
Scott

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks Scott, I'll check it out on Google and with the names you listed. I was trying to find one locally here in a day or two and get it all hooked up before I drive back to CA. If not I'll to order some for when I get back to CA and just cut this one off for the time.
Thanks
That maxxvolt connector if it’s the same as mine is part number AMP 206708-1
That’s the female nine pin connector. I found the male half on eBay with pins for $10 part no. AMP 206705-2

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I'm here in Boston and just picked up the insight with a maxx volt grid charger. Has a nicer (at least nicer than my others) grid charger connector. I'm not sure how common these are but I was wondering if you knew if these were common enough to source locally here somewhere in the boston area.

This battery is dead but am picking up another one tomorrow and wanted to make another wiring harness. I know I can cut the other one off the other battery but figured, I'd still try to play with it.
Thanks
Looks like a 9 pin round plug
I would just buy the harness complete from the company. They make like 4 different chargers for insight G1 so I would send them pics of what you have and they will let you know what model charger you have. my .02

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I ended up just taking it off the battery and swapping it over to mine this one. I'd like to put the same connector end on my other insights and swap everything over to the connector and don't want to buy harnesses for everyone since they are already wired up but just a different connector. But with all your help, I figured out what connector I needed.
Thanks guys for the help.

I would just buy the harness complete from the company. They make like 4 different chargers for insight G1 so I would send them pics of what you have and they will let you know what model charger you have. my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts