Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody knows I'm no fan of the Maxx Volts Grid charger. My reasons are many; however, I'm not such an *** that I can't give an objective review.

With that intent, I purchased a MV charger via eBay:

2006-2011 Honda Civic Hybrid Premium Standard Grid Charger IMA Battery Charger! | eBay

I received a package from them on March 11. Unfortunately, I've been extremely busy, and I haven't had the time to even open it until today.

Well, today I opened it. I got quite the treat. I suspect that Maxx knows of my opinion and either thought it was funny or is just a really vindictive person, but what I received today was an ATX power supply with the harness cut off, three wires stuffed in the hole and the power cord with the end cut off.

The nicest touch was I believe a doggy training pad was included. I'm sure that has some hidden meaning.

Needless to say, I have initiated a return via eBay.

Sad that one is so ashamed of their product, they can't risk scrutiny of a critical eye.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the Maxx Volts "grid charger" I received after paying $349 via the linked auction:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only surmise that he made the connection between me and the ebay order. I've never had anything good to say about the chargers.

I've been having "words" with MaximumFuelage over on GH for months. He has long been suspected of being MV.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
So let me get this straight?

1.You are a Dealer for HA where you are listed on their website as a reseller.

2.They pay you commissions on selling their equipment in web forums and social media promotion.

3. You just so happened to buy their competitor's system online a month ago with no ill premeditated intentions to conjure up a negative marketing campaign claiming mail fraud or some other shenanigans.

4. You get put in your place in the forums for providing false info on their competitor systems by an actual product user.

5. All of a sudden you get angry when your qualifications are questioned.

6. You choose to maliciously retaliate against your sponsor/reseller's competitor company product.

7. Amazingly the competitors product you purchased close to a month ago and signed receipt for two weeks ago (Maxx Volts sends all signature packages to insure delivery, I know as I had to sign for mine) you now claim it to be something other than a fully tested system.

It couldn't be more clear what is going on here Steven. I don't believe your nonsense for a second and I have a hard time believing that anyone that knows your history of degrading RB Batteries and Maxx Volts, while getting paid by Hybrid Automotive for positive reviews and social media marketing / reseller dealer is gonna believe your ill conceived plan to degrade a HA competitor for financial gain.

On a side note that photo you show looks exactly like the last generation of HA chargers. You know, the ones YOU SELL! Did you have one of those HA chargers laying around Steve and decide to try and degrade your sponsor/reseller commission paying vendors competitor?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
You must be listed on HA own website as a reseller/dealer for their chargers just for your health then? Cmon nobody believes this nonsense. You are a listed dealer because you financially benefit from selling, referring, installing and marketing for Hybrid Auto.

It would take an angry fellow to go through such lengths to degrade a competing product as to buy a system from a competitor just to launch a premeditated negative marketing campaign to try and elevate your sponsor company HA. Your master plan to fake mail fraud from a competing company's product is clear as day. The motive is clearly there. Its all outlined in your post history on GH. Don't bother trying to cover your tracks, going back and editing your old posts now because I've already archived it and you'd just be digging yourself a deeper hole.

I have archived posts of you degrading RB Batteries as well and it aligns perfectly with your malicious intent to degrade any product that is more cost effective than the one your are commissioned to sell at HA.

You do not have the capacity to an unbiased review of a competitor product as you're in Jeff Sloan's pocket over at HA and are listed on his website as a dealer for the HA product line. Your negative marketing campaign against HA competitors has no traction and you will never be taken seriously so long as you engage in shenanigans such as buying competing products and making false mail fraud claims against HA competitors to try and degrade HA competitor feedback ratings.

I am sick and tired of reading your anti HA posts, lacking accurate specs and data and trying to degrade a product that I use and have used for several years without issue. Its not not just MV either, you do it to RB Batteries as well from what I have read. Its like someone from FL posting all over town that Phoenix, AZ is crime ridden, full of drugs, gangs and violence from someone that has never even been there and then having to check zillow and see if your innaccurate ramblings is degrading the property values in Phoenix.

The major manufacturers have coexisted for years without event, but you've gone out of your way to douche up the internet with your mud slinging drama which unwillingly drags everyone into your douchefest.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maxx,

Sorry you feel that way. It can't feel good to think like that. I like how you used the word "douche" to really mix up the content based on your similar posts on other sites.

All you had to do was to say you didn't want to sell me one. I would have respected that.

Steve

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Maxx,

Sorry you feel that way. It can't feel good to think like that. I like how you used the word "douche" to really mix up the content based on your similar posts on other sites.

Steve
Jeff Sloan, (AKA "Steve")
If you noticed, what I did was edit out derogatory comments about a product not part of your self inflicted drama out of respect for HA not actively trying to stir the pot. I don't go around the forums pissing on any product that I am not currently using as I for one, am not paid by MV unlike you are by HA.

Hybrid Automotive has in no way paid me for anything at any time for any reason.
Ha! Lies... Pretty blatant ones at that. In the automotive parts industry, most dealer level initial buy-ins start in the $10,000.00 range. Try to buy ARP headstuds direct from the manufacturer and see what they tell you the minimum $$$ you need to spend is? ACT clutches, same deal. They fact that you are factory direct with HA likely means you had to buy quite a few units if not tens or more in order to be a factory direct dealer.

I'm listed because if someone were to contact me because they want one, I would install it. I do not promote them for my own financial gain.
You promote them likely because you have some in stock that need to sell.

I didn't badmouth RB Batteries until I bought one and disassembled it. It's complete and total junk.
Not gonna take your word for it however a quick look into linkedin shows that [email protected] Batteries is more than qualified to build electronics which is more than I can say about you Jeff Sloan, er I mean "Steve".

What you don't understand is that I would actually like to say something positive about MV chargers. I would like to say they are well designed, high build quality, etc. The only things I KNOW about them are negative right now. I also have a desire to inform members of the community so they can make the best decision for them.
You do not and never had any intention of doing anything besides degrading NON HA SYSTEMS. Its not in your financial benefit to plug any other manufacturer and in fact if I recall correctly (which I do) you stated "I wouldn't recommend MV if they paid me $100 ea to do". That's comical since HA pays you an admitted $40.00 per unit you sell for them!

Who qualified you to inform or make decisions for anyone online? From what I have read so far, you are not qualified to put batteries in a flashlight, let alone give honest, unbiased reviews on products or competing product you do or do not have a financial vested interest in.

I'm not angry at all. I have absolutely no malicious intent towards you. I just think you offer an inferior product for several technical reasons. I would LOVE it if you improved your product to address them.
Who is you? Oh I see you're trying to be cutesy and pretend as if I am MV. Yeah, bud we've been over this before, Jeff Sloan and I am merely an active user that is tired of reading your biased propaganda fueled by your HA sales commission structure.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please don't insult Jeff like that. I'm a big fat bastard. Jeff hasn't given up yet.

·
6,930 Posts
Whoa. Alright... lol. Some things need to be clarified, I'd say.

First, the idea that Jeff is paying Steve or anybody commission on grid charger sales or for positive reviews is ludicrous. And if he is, where's my cut?! :D Seriously, that's just not happening. Why drag Jeff into this at all?

The accusation that Steve is Jeff or vice versa is also equally bizarre....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
/me starts screaming "fight! fight!"

irregardless, that charger looks like **** with the bundle just sheared off like that. that's just lazy.

all he sells is grid chargers, has 3 negatives and 1 neutral. that may not seem like a bad track record for 159 feedback total. however a good seller, like me, has 0 negative and 0 neutral for 500 feedback score(because i have never had either, i cannot check his prior to the last 12 months).

the pictures all clearly try to avoid showing you the wiring side of the PSU, so i assume they all come hacked like that. spend 5 minutes crimping the bullet connectors and 5 minutes dremeling slots for the gauges, done. $250 profit for 15 minutes work.

·
Administrator
10,709 Posts
What's going on? Time to cool down...

Reviews of products are welcome, but leave all the dirty washing and personal beef at home please...

Thread Locked whilst Mods discuss....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.