Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called around to a bunch of mechanics around Phoenix (even the mechanics that specialize in Honda, like Hon-amotive), and no one will touch my Insight. Anyone from the area have a local mechanic they can recommend that will service hybrids? I'm willing to drive to any place in the valley if they do good work.

Thanks!
-Dan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Insight in AZ

I have had the same issue... I finally took apart the entire EGR valve, intake and gaskets and cleaned and replaced them. Bell Honda said that had a factory trained staff but I took it in for an oil change (when I first got it) and they did not even know what oil it required. So, since then I have been looking, that was 2 years ago. I finally bought the shop maint and electrical manuals. Pretty easy little car to work on (so far).

If you find anyone, please let me know (just in case).

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Bell Honda sells their parts 25% off to move volume and frequently list on ebay. Just ask for Ryan.

I cant say I have ever visited a dealer that knew or had the level of experience or knowledge I wanted in a mechanic. I came close at a benz dealer as the mechanic I requested owned a car just like mines, a 240d.

I plan on doing the stuff myself like oil changes and leaving them to do the factory or warranty stuff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I eventually found this guy: Hybrid Auto Service
I took a bit of a gamble because he had never actually worked on an Insight before. But he's been a mechanic for a couple of decades and he was pretty familiar with the Prius, so I figured it was worth the risk. To be honest, I figured anything was better than bringing it in to the dealership.

I think it worked out pretty well. He was very sincere and honest and gave me a pretty deep discount for letting him learn on my car. For $1000, I got a new cat, spark plugs, coolant flush, transmission fluid, and he cleaned and reseated my valves. It's been 2 days and the car's running great, so I'll give him my recommendation.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,577 Posts
"he cleaned and reseated my valves"......................Don't you mean "checked and adjusted"?

Did he give you the old parts he replaced?

Just curious....Willie

·
Registered
2001 Honda Insight
7 Posts
Reviving! I'm looking for a Phoenix mechanic who works on G1 Insights.
I actually need a rattling issue checked, right now.
HybridRevolt is my local go to, but is currently unavailable.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Reviving! I'm looking for a Phoenix mechanic who works on G1 Insights.
I actually need a rattling issue checked, right now.
HybridRevolt is my local go to, but is currently unavailable.
If the work doesn't involve the hybrid system, try

I had him aligned my Insight and he did a great job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts