Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, if you have seen my other posts, i just brought up my grandfather's insight up from miami and now i have it at school with me in mechanicsburg, pa. i think theres at least two forum members from this area - do you guys have any recommendations for where to get my oil changed? i dont have any experience with places around here -- i'm from ct

·
Registered
191 Posts
hey guys, if you have seen my other posts, i just brought up my grandfather's insight up from miami and now i have it at school with me in mechanicsburg, pa. i think theres at least two forum members from this area - do you guys have any recommendations for where to get my oil changed? i dont have any experience with places around here -- i'm from ct
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recommend doing it yourself :) There are a lot of threads on the forum to help you. It isn't that hard. The most time consuming this is taking off the lower plastic engine panels with a 10 mm socket wrench.

Once you remove that left panel and the aluminum front panel, the oil change isn't much different from a regular non-hybrid car.

CAUTION: drain plug must only be tightened a max of 29 ft lbs. so you don't strip the magnesium oil pan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i know i really should do it myself, but i think that this time around, i'm going to go to a shop.

1. its january and 25 out
2. im at school and theres no garage or anything i can use
3. the only tools i have are sockets...no oil drain basin, oil filter wrench...
4. it would be cheaper (i think) to have it done considering the tools i would need to buy as well as the oil itself and the oil filter, not to mention the physical abuse

however, i will be installing the rear speakers soon. wednesday probably, it should be up to 38.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts