Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Love it!!! Looks just like mine except for the lights and the high gloss finish. What do you use to get that finish?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love it!!! Looks just like mine except for the lights and the high gloss finish. What do you use to get that finish?
MAACO!

Had the whole car sprayed for about $1700 but I supplied them the good quality clear for 3 coats. Color sand and buff included! It had clear peel everywhere.
Wish I had done the before and after. The clear was $$$$. Worth it though.

;)

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wiring and control unit

Interesting. How 'bout some pics ? Power source ?
I just used the hot glue gun and glued it to the underside of the chassis on the drivers side and fed the power source through the fender into the cabin and connected it to the always on circuit. Has a remote. The little black thing next to the control unit under the car is the IR receiver. You can leave it on while your in the store at night. It looks radioactive. I selected steady green out of the available 256 colors fading or flashing because I didn't want to get pulled for red or blue or causing a distraction. At night it's [email protected]!!

Through the fender!

They are cheap and went through the carwash today!!!:evil:

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
I did mine in white, attached to both skirts, under front wheel wells and under the front of the hood. I have gotten a lot of compliments and no trouble from cops. Anyway I wanna say it's been 3 months or so now. I think I paid about 8$ for mine (got 16ft).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts