Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 ex, with bridgestone ecopias filled to recommended levels, no heavy loads, I try to always drive in the green dashboard level, pulse and glide.... and I've averaging mid 30 in the city and 44 on the HWY.
This seems low to what others are reporting.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Bad for economy are short trips, winter cold, city driving with lots of stop and go, radio, lights on, A/C on, elevation changes, wind, rain, tires at less than 40 PSI, low grade gas, heavy loads, roof rack, mud shower, ricer toys ;) ...

If you tick the majority of these boxes, where you should count short trips times 5, then your economy is unavoidable.

My Nissan Almera (Sentra sized) gave me economy like that on a warm summer day trailing slow trucks on the highway with a tail wind. It did not even have the same boot space either. The Insight is a league away from that.

·
Registered
943 Posts
When people report much higher MPG numbers, it's usually a combination of long average journey length, low highway speed, extra inflation of the tyres, low aircon use, mild-to-warm weather and lack of heavy traffic.

If you're driving a couple of miles at a time regularly, 30s is decent.

·
Registered
324 Posts
bad economy ?

I've got a 2010 ex, with bridgestone ecopias filled to recommended levels, no heavy loads, I try to always drive in the green dashboard level, pulse and glide.... and I've averaging mid 30 in the city and 44 on the HWY.
This seems low to what others are reporting.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
hi ref to your post,i feel theres something really wrong if your economy is that bad,im driving a 2010,in a part of Ireland,thats rural,and very hilly,cold and small ,windy roads,im getting well into the mid 40 /leading to 50 plus,all the time,yes i drive easy,and have all the software updates done,but even so,unless youre driving like a loon,you should get better mpg,hope you get it sorted soon,good luck.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Just checking - are we all speaking the same language?

Although I'm from the UK, I assume we're all talking US mpg rather than imperial? There's a 20% difference.

By the way - I would absolutely expect better economy in a hilly rural area as compared to short journeys in a congested urban one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just checking - are we all speaking the same language?

Although I'm from the UK, I assume we're all talking US mpg rather than imperial? There's a 20% difference.

By the way - I would absolutely expect better economy in a hilly rural area as compared to short journeys in a congested urban one.
mpg here,same as uk,converted from km per litre etc,donk k about the op

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys.
Yes I'm talking us mpg.

I believe I have the software updates, but when I went to get them from the dealer I dont know if they put on all of them or just the recalled ones paid for by honda.

The tires are bridgestone ecopias. And I drive like a grandpa. My region has some hills, and not too bad traffic.

Thanks again,
Ben

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well it just so happens that photosenior, garrydhu and I are all getting about the same MPG, once you account for the difference between our gallons and the American ones.

I actually think it's pretty decent for my own usage.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well it just so happens that photosenior, garrydhu and I are all getting about the same MPG, once you account for the difference between our gallons and the American ones.

I actually think it's pretty decent for my own usage.
Yep,the nice thing about most,if not all insight drivers is,everyone who I've seen in a hybrid drive easyyyyyyyy

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have to tell you that I get great gas mileage in my 14 Insight. I am driving mostly city and average anywhere from 56 to 64 mpg. I am in a warm climate so that may have something to do with it. I look at my MPG MID reading and drive economically with gradual start and stay in the green.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts