Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Either

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GREAT NEWS! I have gotten permission from one of our supporting angles to use his private garage for a fall maintenance day probably on Saturday, Sept. 25th, 8:30 a.m. The garage is in Frederick MD and has a full lift and a short low lift. We have been fortunate to use this location previously. It is very well equipped and the owner is himself a good mechanic.

Re COVID precautions, see post 29 below, vaccinations and some masking required.

Each attendee will be required to sign a release discharging the garage owner and the organizer of any mishap or injury and from COVID infection. Social distancing is encourage.

Please sign up as soon as you can because of the short time frame.

It's been a difficult year and half, we all need to celebrate Insights:D

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
-jime
-Sean
-MarkV
-LowCarbon
-crx_rogus
-06 Blue
-victorm
-Hawk1
-benbirby
-mudder
-Joule
-Geocougar?
Mountaindriver?
rainsux &
Carol
russelc &
Thuy

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm in, but Maddie, who joined us for last week's meet in Gambrill, won't be joining us this time, as we said goodbye to her this evening.

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved that dog :(

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
836 Posts
In case anyone is getting any ideas, a water outlet reseal: 1) does not require a lift and, 2) is not a one day DIY project.

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
In case anyone is getting any ideas, a water outlet reseal: 1) does not require a lift and, 2) is not a one day DIY project.
Thanks for bringing that up. We have to have a practical limit on lift time for everyone to get a shot. We usually make up a list of what operations folks need and try to prioritize the ones under an hour. Fluid changes and inspections are usually serviced first, then we measure our time left. Aero panel installations, rear motor mounts, etc. are pretty close to the limit. The low lift is quite useful for brake services. Some operations like EGR plate cleaning are best done at ground level anyway, and there is plenty of driveway space for those:)

Are you coming?

·
Registered
239 Posts
GREAT NEWS! I have gotten permission from one of our supporting angles to use his private garage for a fall maintenance day probably on Saturday, Sept. 11th. The garage is in Frederick MD and has a full lift and a short low lift. We have been fortunate to use this location previously. It is very well equipped and the owner is himself a good mechanic.

It's been a difficult year and half, we all need to celebrate Insights:D
That one I'll be able to attend. That has a chance to actually work for me to attend with a decently attended-to Insight, unlike the recent one.

Looking forward to it! Visits to his place are always wonderful.

Roger T.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
836 Posts
Strongly considering it. I am a little road tripped out right now though. Wedding in Western NY in July and will probably need to make three trips to Maine in August (already made one trip to Maine in July). Dad passed in July in Maine and I heard yesterday morning his sister passed as well, so two funerals and a 90th birthday party. I might not have another long drive in me by September. We'll see.

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to announce a date change to Sept 18th. The 11th doesn't work for the host. Early enough to remark your calendar I hope. My fault jumping the gun-sorry.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,541 Posts
jime,:
You might want to go back and edit post #1 with the correct date.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Insight CVT, 2001 Honda Insight MT, 2000 Honda Insight MT
114 Posts
jime,

Count me in...I should have the 2000 MT up and running to bring...

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,104 Posts
I want to but it's gonna be really hard for me. If it gets delayed again it'd be easier for me, so I'll keep watching this thread.

Reactions: jime

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mark(host) and I have been discussing the possibility of delaying the meet by one week. September 25th works better for the host and several members who would like to attend. I'm going to add a poll at top of the thread. Please post your preference asap. I'll have to finish the poll in 2 wks max.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Can you delay to October 15th TIL I get back in the states since everyone putting in special requests. Just kidding jime wish I could make this one too but I’ll be in great state of Alaska.

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to see you miss. You are alway so helpful.

I want to get it in before cold weather sets in and folks start spending a lot of time indoors.

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please vote your date preferences :whistle:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts