Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MD is opening up somewhat, so my mind again turns to our Mid-Atlantic Meet. My old racing buddy Ed York, of York Automotive, is building a large extravagant pole garage with lift on his property near Mt. Airy, MD for his retirement. It even has a flush toilet! He has generously offered it up for an Insight meet. I'm hoping against hope that we can have a meet sometime in the late summer - IF covis lets up a bit.

We may have to insist on masks within the building, and limiting folks inside, but we should be able to space out and socialize outside in the open air. LETS ALL HOPE :)

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jime, do you think Mark is cancelled this year. Fredrick meet
I'm not sure. I haven't spoken to him in several weeks.

I have a most wonderful dilemma. I have two wonderful venues in which to have the meet. We all know Mark's place is great, and Doug's cooking can't be topped for "meet" eats, but I have another friend in the same area who has a great new retirement garage, complete with lift, who wants to give it a try.

On top of all this, and more important, is the blasted Corona Virus. So it all gets very complicated. I think that whatever we do will have to adhere to the general pandemic guidelines. So we will have to maintain social distancing, open air, and masks when in close quarters. It will be tougher than usual, and there will have to be a bit of policing of the precautions. I realize that there are widely divergent feelings about personal freedoms and such, but this is how it will have to be - at least from the current situational viewpoint.

BUT, I want to have a meet! After all the depression of COVID19 I think we need a meet. It would probably be sometime in mid August or so when the weather is nice and hot. Not sure of course, but I have a personal hope that hot weather will kill off the thing to some degree. Open air will help also. Obviously, it is a volunteer thing on everyone's part, so attendance is strictly voluntary.

So stay tuned, I haven't given up.

Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm interested for whenever works for most folks.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was with the host last week. We were touring his new garage and discussing the event. The two of us are pretty much agreed that the outlook for a fall meet is pretty bleak. I had hoped that we would see diminishing numbers of infections by the early fall, but instead we are seeing dramatic increases. I just don't think we can take the chance that one of us will be and unknown infected carrier and pass this mess along to others. So...... I guess it is off, barring some miracle.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Y'all focus on staying safe first, the Insight community would be at quite the loss should something happen to any of y'all. Been a while since I've been on here but I might be able to join if it gets pushed back to the fall versus summer as I won't be near there until then. (fingers crossed on that).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts