Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to make a staples run and took my coworker along with me.

As I'm backing out of my tight parking area (jobsite, no 'spaces' just my place in the dirt), I heard a nice mixture of plastic, aluminum, and steel.

I ran the rear quarter panel of my insight directly into the bed of her Silverado. The girl in my cars Silverado. I started going off on myself, and her reaction was "we'll just check it out when we get back"

I laughed and got out. Big dent in my rear bumper and a smashed tail light. She has a dent in her rear quarter panel, but no other damage. I'll get some pictures up.

I don't even want to know what it's going to cost to replace my bumper and tail light. I figure the damage to her car is around $300-400.

*photos!

Insight (after the bumper popped back out, so it's not a dent anymore) :

Here's the truck:

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Sorry! The tailight lens assembly is available from Majestic Honda, for $121 which is substantially below list price. Billy.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
The damage to her truck doesn't look bad, you might want to check out some of those places that specialize in repairing dents where the paint isn't cracked or chipped. Here's an example:
http://www.1800dentdoc.com/index.htm

I understand they're quite a bit cheaper than a body shop would be.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I did a dent about that size...

but those truck/SUVs are unbelievably expensive to repair. I dented the corner of a Trooper II years ago (not a nick on my car) but his estimate was $2200. No kidding; that's what my insurance company agreed to.

Not meant to be a downer, just want you to be prepared. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts