Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators, hope this is acceptable, since this is the main Insight website, and MIMA is just for Insights, and I am only looking for opinions. If not, just trash this thread, and I will understand.

I recently did a survey of the MIMA system owners, and found that many only use MIMA on demand or MIMA active.
What do you think about a low cost minimal version of MIMA.

No PIMA, no ABC, no fan control or temp sensors, no display.

A small board with microcontroller, and a joystick with no mode switches. The central switch would switch from MIMA on demand to MIMA active (led mode indicator on joystick board) where no assist or regen would happen unless the stick were pressed?
The system would be much easier to install, possibility a short plug in harness to the ECM could do it.
Estimated cost $250-300?
The full MIMA system would still be available (if I get 10 people on the waiting list).
Only an idea at this point.
I realize that the price of the full MIMA system is high for many people, but it is a lot of work to build the system, and the harness is also a bear, so I can't go down and make it worth doing. MIMA LITE would get the price down to a level where many people may be able to swing it, and although not as complete a solution, would still meet the needs of many?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Mike, as you know it was agreed in August 2006 that there should not be any MIMA discussion on InsightCentral (there is a sticky about this in the Modifications Forum). I have noticed a slow increase of MIMA chatter over the last couple of months. Rather than outright delete this post, I will lock it for now until other Moderators and Site Admin venture alternative opinions. In the meantime other Forum Members can of course send you a PM if they wish to express an interest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.