Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

Your help is very appreciated in this issue. I’m having a misfire in cylinder 1 and at the moment I have change the coils,sparks and injectors. Almost 1K and the problem persist.

What’s the problem? Well for some reason my car is diying when commuting to work. It’s 1 hour of travel and the issue always came when I’m goind uphill ( from 3k to 4K rev.)

The fail came only in that instance, going uphill (not in all hills just when the car decide too...) when the fail appear the check engine goes on and the car loose almost all his power, I park the car, turn it off and then the car is just fine. Also when the fail appear a ticking noise start.... then if I don’t stop or accelerate it just loose the 75% of power.

We will check if it’s a vaccuum leak, a Wire Engine bad or the Catalyst.... I will let you know.
Meanwhile if someone have experience this issue please comment and help! Thanks!

Honda Insgiht 2012

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Wrong garage: G2 problem in the G1 garage.

When the CEL comes on it goes into LIMP mode which is normal. Check for varmints chewing wires for the ignition coil #1, and all the way back to the ECU.
HTH
Willie

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
oops double tap!
HTH
Willie

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Clean your egr plate,,I had same code,change plugs,wires,clean injectors,still came back,than I cleaned the egr ports and plates and boom,went away and never got a misfire again,worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
Moved to G2 forum.

Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Rainsux
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing