Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. i took my insight in for service, and in addition to the greasy hand prints all over my door liner and rear carpet area :evil: , the mechanic failed to replace a plastic bolt near the front of the vehicle. more specifically, the bolt is located near the left headlight - it has a match on the right side - and is visible only when the hood is open. i believe it attaches the outer plastic "skin" of the car to the front of the engine area. as i mentioned, there are two - one on each side and right up front. assuming i've made myself clear, does anyone know how i can identify the bolt, so i can find a replacement? or should i pop out the matching bolt and take it to auto zone? the dealership i use for service is 2 hours away. if i can find something locally, i'd rather go with that vice driving all the way to the dealership for one lousy bolt. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,970 Posts
Plastic bolt? Never heard of such a thing. If it is a bolt it will be "metric" Take the matching one out and fine the exact type for replacement.

Willie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you mr. williford for your response and for shedding more light on my ignorance when it comes to all things mechanical. i will pop out the match and replace the one that's missing. i feel like a dumb kid everytime i post here. takes me back to my childhood. thanks again for the memories.
-bix

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi bix,

Don't despair. If I were you, I'd poke around on http://www.hondapartsdeals.com or Majestic's site, http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, to see if you can figure out what the bolt is.

It might take some digging around, but it is a good option if you can't otherwise find a replacement bolt. I'd use Honda Parts Deals for this because you can enlarge the pictures (makes it much easier to see exactly what you're looking at).

Good luck!
-fly

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,970 Posts
After looking as you described, I think you are talking about the "fender mounting bolt". There are three, they are not plastic, just black in color. 1.25 mm thread pitch. Don't know the length.
8)
Willie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts