Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there appears to be a cover missing in the vicinity of the rear license plate light, directly above the license plate. There's an openning in the sheet metal about eight inches long with holes for four screws. However, when I went to the Honda dealer to order the part, they couldn't find it represented in their software diagrams of the car. Then we looked at a brand new '03 on the showroom floor and it has the same "missing" part, i.e. the same hole in the bumper.

Does anyone know why Honda uncharacteristically left a large space in the rear bumper through which one can spy all kinds of wiring, etc.? Can you confirm that the part in question is missing "by design?"

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
it's ok

dydek,

We discussed this in the Yahoo groups: other countries (specifically Germany) have longer license plates and use a different light assembly with two bulbs to properly light it. The space to mount the european lights is what you see. Honda just never bothered to cover the extra holes in cars for the US market.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Dydek, under Problems & Troubleshooting, have a look at topics "Missing part to the bumper cover?" and "Help needed on a couple of minor queries" for more info if you want it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts