Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Honda insight 2010 and first i change oil, filters and CVT but when i check under the big plastic cover down to windshield wipers i realize that air comes directly to the air filter. I think that there i have missing parts. Can someone help me with this ?

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe it is not missing a filter as it would be install/changed behind glove box. That's the only I could identify on the service manual. Underneath that intake is the blower motor which the cabin air filter sits right under that, as showed on this picture. Mouse is pointing at the the intake you saw.
IMG_0285.jpg
And please forgive my laziness to not login on my laptop to give you a screen shot....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have audi and at the same place it have something like net to protect from big things to fall over filter.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'm confused. You took the cover off or is it missing? I just went out to the Insight and looked. With the hood closed, there are square holes that are the intake for the A/C-heater. When you open the hood, that black plastic piece has a removable access cover. Is that what is missing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, i think so. I want to buy this part if its missing. Did you know how can i understand part number?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No i did not remove the part, like I say at the first post - think its missing, i dont know how but its not there, so i want to solve this problem.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You still did not say where you are. Just generally will do, like I think my profile says "Southern California" and not my actual city and neighborhood. It helps because so many of us are in the US and we may direct you to places that, if you are in the U.K. or Singapore or something would just not apply.

What you are missing is called a cowl, the part number for the complete assembly is: Part# 74218-TM8-A00

Let's see if I can copy & paste the image.

http://estore.honda.com/honda/images/parts/catalogs/EA/14TM8A01/Estore/illustrations2/TM84B5100B.png

The other thing about location, sometimes one cannot open pages from other countries.

What is your Insights mileage? (or km) ? Does anyone here think that the cowl gets removed to replace the spark plugs? Might make it easier th get to them? It might be sitting at the mechanics who last serviced the car.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Also, you said in your first post that you checked under the plastic cover, now you say it's missing. Thus my confusion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for part number! I live in Denver, but the car comes from Indiana, so maybe the last mechanic forget to putt the part on it's place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i say that i checked under the plastic cover but i mean the top cover - covered class. So i want to apologize its my mistake

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked the part number and its a cowl top - so i have this part and I alredy remove it to reach the place where i take the photos. And there i think is missing something like mesh.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Well, you can look through parts blow ups on the Bernardo site I linked, but as Manny said before, there is no other screen above the intake besides the holes in the cowl itself. Close the hood with the cowl in place and the little square holes are what keeps big things from getting in. There's a cabin filter you should change. You get to that from the glove box. Once open, you will find some leaves
and especially pine needles in there. Good idea to vacuum it out before putting a new filter in there. At least the filter in this design is before the fan unit. In other Honda's I have the filter is after the fan. I get leaves in the fan that sound like a playing card clipped to a bicycle wheel .

·
Registered
245 Posts
You might be able to get it cheap from a junk yard. If you don'the have a junked insight in the Denver area, check car-parts.com. Several model years will likely be candidate donors. While fixing that, check for other issues - why would this be missing? Was the car in an accident or repaired? If this is missing I wonder what else might not be right ... (hopefully nothing else, but do check).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
4 Participants
Kocho
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing