Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with Mobil regular grade gas. A few weeks back I filled up at a local Mobil station and after about 20 miles I noticed an extreme drop in power and difficulty keeping my MPG up above 50 while maintaining speeds above 35mph.

Passing it off as a fluke I shuffled it off to the back of my mind.

This week I refilled at the same station and again, after about 20 miles the same thing is happening. I have been fighting to keep the mpg up above 45 and at the same time drive above 35mph. Not to say that I cant drive over 35, just that when I do the MPG drops to 40 or lower.

I normally get about 60 mpg. My driving habits have not changed. Yes, the station is the same so it could just be that particular one - I have nothing against Mobil at all.

I'm open to suggestions.
TIA

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a Thorntons two blocks from my homw that I frequent. I occasionally hit the BP at the corner because they have a wash. I've only been to the one Mobil so I can't be certain. I never noticed any differenes in my last car. I'll keep working on it...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured the 20 miles may have been what was sitting in the fuel line. There was 1 hose for all 3, which I dont trust but theres not a lot of choice these days. Regarding the slope theory, 1 word.

Illinois.

The only thing flatter is the US womens gymnastic team in Athens.
The auto shutoff is a possibility, I only saw the problem at that one station, but I never put more than 10 gallons in. It doesnt really explain the lack of power though.

I dunno. I suspect that particular stations mix. I tried a different Mobil and had no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.