Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mobile 1 Synthetic

Last evening I bought a case of the Mobile 1 0W-20 synthetic oil. (4.77 a quart at Walmart). On examining the bottle I am confused as the bottle says it's 0W-20 Fully synthetic motor oil hower they also say Recommended for Ford and Honda 5W-20 applications. Despite this it does list the Honda Insight on the reverse side along with most 96 and never Civics. Perhaps they are just specifying the oil as a 5W-20 substitute. Perhaps Honda and Ford have endorsed the product. Strangely it doesn't mention the Prius which uses 0W-20 oil if I recall correctly. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
652 Posts
Walmart had both the 0W-20, 0W-30 and 0W-40 oils. The 0W-40 specified for European cars and the 0W-30 said enhanced economy formula while the 0W-20 said for 5W-20 applications. All had the SuperSyn antiwear technology statement. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well I will probably go with the 0W-20 (interesting that the mobile web site shows 5W-30 for the insight yet they list the Insight on the back of the 0W-20 bottle). Ricky mentioned he was uses 0W-30 but I think that was because of the turbo modification. Have fun, Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.