Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm just now getting into this modding business and tweaking my Insight how I want it, and I'd gotten a lot of ideas from other posters in these forums. I apologize in advance for my noobishness.

So far, I just have Megan Racing coilovers installed and set basically as low as they can go. I'm shopping for wheels and tires now, and wanted some input. I need something with a low sidewall, but want a wider stance. I'm looking at 185/45-15 Nankangs from Tunershop.com and stretching them over 15x8 wheels... possibly AXIS OG Sakuras and using spacers to make them fit unless I find something else I like. I'd like a flush fitment and intend on rolling my fenders to make everything sit pretty and not rub all over the place.

Any thoughts or advice would be vastly appreciated. :]

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
!5 inch rim still? I think a lower Insight looks nice on 17s myself. I believe the back space is 40mm. I am not up to the brands and such of wheels and can only suggest tirerack as it lets you see the car with the wheels you select. You need to swap over the tpms sensors or get a new set that any tire shop can program.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of what I like comes in 15 or 16s. I almost feel like a 17 would be too much for my taste. 16s look lovely though. And I'm keeping to a low profile tire.
And I think the offset is around 40-45mm. I've scoped out TireRack quite a bit, but nothing catches my fancy that isn't off the charts expensive. And I just bought new tpms sensors, so I plan on swapping those and taking it back to the Honda dealership by me to have them programmed.
What do you have on your Insight, Cobb?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts