Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for this but I could not find a FAQ on this. I own several Hondas one being an S2000. There are so many things namely on that car that have had manufacturing improvements through the model years.

I have always wanted an Insight, because of the engineering. To top that off, I spend most of my commute trying to get 400+ miles to the tank in my Civic, and want more.

So the question is...

Is there any benefit to a certain model year?
Did Honda make any mechanical improvements from model 2000 vs the 2002 etc.

If this is a repost, link me to a FAQ.

I am test driving an 00 today, and don't want to make the wrong choice. Thanks!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
There have been color changes to the interior and exterior, addition of a CD vice cassette, new styled seats, and supposedly new programing for the BCM although this is based upon owners experience and dealer hearsay. I do not know of a published change in the BCM programing from Honda perhaps someone else does. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW I appreciate the replies.
I drove the car, the previou owner took good care of it.

Two issues

1. The Hood latch, is the hood supposed to feel flimsy at the grill? I adjusted the bump stops for the hood and it still seems like the hood has too much play.

2. Motor Mounts, how soft are these mounts, because the engine seemed to vibrate excessively

3. Clutch actuation, quick 1st to 2nd shifts were harsh, could go back to the engine mount issue. but the car or engine bay jumped sloppily.

Do these cars have super floppy mounts?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
"...is the hood supposed to feel flimsy at the grill?"

Yes, or at least mine does - almost a side to side twist. It's made to be light :)

Re motor mounts & shifting, I've never noticed any particular vibration in mine. 1st/2nd shifting can be a bit jerky, but I always put it down to shifting at 5K rpm or so when I pull out from my side road into the busy 60 mph highway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my hood does the same, lightweight engineering causes slight differences than standard engineering I imagine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts