Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

While I was having a tiny scratch looked over at a local auto body shop today--- the guy there mentioned that my car should have protective door edge and body moldings. I'd like to protect my baby but the thought of tampering with it makes me uncomfortable.

Any recent opinions or advice?? ( I did a search but can't seem to access the photos someone posted of their Insight with moldings).

Thanks!

Murasaki

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for molding info

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks to those who replied to my post about protective door edge and body moldings. I guess they're supposed to prevent dings and dents from doors etc. But after thinking about it I have to agree with you guys that it would look terrible. I'll just continue parking my car far away from all those inconsiderate door dingers out there.

The reason the guy probably mentioned it is because he noticed two tiny vertical scratches by the driver's side door. They (along with a scratch on the mirror) came with the car when I purchased it in April. He offered to fix my scratch on the mirror for $100 and put on the moldings for free. Apparently you just stick them on the car. I think I'll punt on the moldings and might try to putty, wet sand,and paint my mirror scratch myself.

Thanks again all!

Murasaki

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.