1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
408 Posts
Finally, A/C when in auto-stop! This is definitely a needed feature for "normal" drivers. The addition of a battery that puts out 100 ft lb torque is nice too. The Insight probably couldn't use this feature because it would drain the battery too quick and it couldn't charge back up fast enough - the Accord can use it's V6 power but the Insight needs the assist. As for an automatic transmission, while it's needed, it's still going to provide lower economy due to the torque converter slippage. They need at least a manual option for people who want max fuel economy. If everything comes out alright, the Accord may give the Prius a run for it's money.

btw, what's the Cd for the Accord? Toyota changed the Prius to a more Insight-like body to lower it's Cd. I hope Honda just didn't put an IMA in a regular Accord like all the SUV manufactures are to scrape out a few more mpg.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The British /Accord Body has been redesigned to have a CD of .26! Sadly I don't think we will see it this side of the pond. Nice to know they could if they would!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
They better come out with a manual transmission!
Or else! :evil:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Kapps:

___The US based 7th gen (03/04/05) Accord Sedan has a Cd of .30 whereas the Coupe has a Cd of .29. The TSX/Euro Accord is a bit smaller in a few dimensions but they are close. I would hope Honda added the few small items to reduce the Americanized Accord to at least .28 but who knows and probably not?

___On anther note, I almost convinced the wife to consider trading in the X for one. She was interested until she saw that it didn’t have a sunroof :-( Honda was penny wise and dollar foolish in that regard.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:ygk1e3xx][email protected][/email:ygk1e3xx]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts