Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D finaly I have received my Insight, the firts one in the Netherlands, and I have to tell:THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! I have no words yet, it is beyond my expectations. :D
I'll post the full story, as soon I have recovered from my extacy period!!

Thank you, to all of you, for the nice info, that made me decide to buy the Insight THANKS FOLKS!!!!

Greetings Etienne, the Netherlands

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Don't worry, the smile on your face that makes your cheeks sore will eventually start to relax some. Enjoy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Windmill:

Welcome. If you are like most of the rest of us, the smile becomes a permanent expression. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!
________
Bill

·
Registered
66 Posts
Permanent smile

On the 750-mile trip back from the dealership to my home in my "new-to-me" 2001 Insight CVT, I also had such a smile that my cheeks hurt. You keep a massive grin going for 13 hours, you get that way.

The other posters are right... eventually that smile settles down to somewhere between a self-satisfied grin and an outright smirk. This seems to depend on one's mood whether one is being passed and thinking "yeah, you passed me, but I'm getting three times your gas mileage", or if one is doing the passing saying "Who's your daddy on the 1200-foot climb now?"

It's a ton of fun. I just got back from another two-hour drive, averaging 60.1 mpg on my CVT. Joy to drive, and I keep trying for a higher score on the dashboard video game!

I have a friend with a miles-per-gallon monitor on the dash of his SUV. He says "My miles per gallon display on my truck reminds me of a game of golf. It seems my vehicle thinks a lower score is better." He was very impressed with my Insight, needless to say :)

I printed up a little sticker and stuck it just above the H on my steering wheel. It has two words:

BEAT EPA

As long as I'm beating the 57-MPG EPA rating on my car for each tank of gas, I'm pretty well satisfied :) Congrats on your purchase, it's just a TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME little car! I sure love mine; I'm just terrified daily that someone is going to hit me while staring at my car and zipping past at 20 MPH over the speed limit...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have diversified my sources of happiness, but the Insight is still on my short list. I wish you many happy roads.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Congratulations Windmill on a great choice of car. I am considering having a driving holiday around Europe in my Insight and when I am in the Netherlands I would be pleased to meet up with you. :)

Will M said:
I have diversified my sources of happiness, but the Insight is still on my short list.
Will M - Thank goodness you are back - I missed your writing style. I presume it must be a good thing to diversify your sources of happiness; care to elaborate? Do you still have an Insight?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Silver Streaker wrote:
I am considering having a driving holiday around Europe in my insight and when I am in the Netherlands......

Well, let me know when you go!!!!!! It is always nice to meet fellow addicts!!!! :D :D :D

Greetings from the other side of the channel!!

Windmil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts