Honda Insight Forum banner

Motor Control Module

2938 13
This is new for me, although I've had my Insight since January 2000 and 128,000 miles in Northern Calif. My question has to do with the IMA light which just flashed on for two days then when of. No power loss or other issues arose. The Honda dealer said it was failing and needs to be replaced at a cost of $2000. No lights are on and no other signs of malfunction. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm inclined to drive it until the light goes on again and stays on.[/b]
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
If you do need to replace it try HAP auto recyclers in California, they have a couple of totaled Insight's they are parting out. You should be able to get a MCM from them for a lot less.

One consideration though, there is an updated MCM around 02 and if you could find one of those, or a older car that has had the IMA pack replaced (in which case the pack, MCM and BCM all get replaced) you'd have more updated software at least.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Katzkin can make you leather covers :D

These would replace the existing seat covers though, not just slide over what's already there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.