Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
A very good evaluation. Brought up a lot of things that the INSIGHTERS here have know for some time.
Nothing real negative, what's with that?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didn't know about this:

"On a cold day, you don't need the heater. Just set the climate control to HI and turn it off. The ducts stay open, and warm air flows into the cabin. Driving in 30-to-40-degree weather, I didn't even need a jacket in the car. In fact, I had to turn it down because I was getting too warm in the sun."

I tried it on the way to work this morning. It works as advertised.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't know about this:

"On a cold day, you don't need the heater. Just set the climate control to HI and turn it off. The ducts stay open, and warm air flows into the cabin. Driving in 30-to-40-degree weather, I didn't even need a jacket in the car. In fact, I had to turn it down because I was getting too warm in the sun."

I tried it on the way to work this morning. It works as advertised.
If I'm understanding this correctly, they are saying you don't need the fan to be on, correct? It is still using the heater.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If I'm understanding this correctly, they are saying you don't need the fan to be on, correct? It is still using the heater.
It uses the heater, but only passively. Air will flow through the vents. The deal with setting it to "hi" means that whatever warmth is available will flow sans fans. I'm not totally sold on the setup until I get a really cold day to test it. On a chilly day, it did provide warm air, so that's a positive. I'll likely need to wait until the fall to truly test the theory, but I'm optimistic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts