·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone mounting your OBDIIC&C?

·
Super Moderator
7,772 Posts
It boils down to taste mostly, but I like mine on top of the dash so it is mostly in my line of vision. I use velcro to "glue" it down. I will suggest taking the velcro off once/yr and getting the glue off your dash with Go-gone. Longer than that, it bakes and get hard to remove.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you attempt to level the case or let it sit at an angle?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
How is everyone mounting your OBDIIC&C?
I mounted mine onto the drivers side A/C outlet. It is quickly removable for upgrading the firmware or testing other Insights.

See my website ( olrowdy.com ) for details.

·
Super Moderator
7,772 Posts
No reason to level it. There are two basic angles on the drivers side dash. I use the closer one and it points straight toward my eyes.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts

·
Administrator
11,162 Posts
I just use a suction phone mount on the windscreen or double sided tape on the bottom of the case and glue it to the top of the dash.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I didn't want to glue anything to the dash but I wanted it in my line of site so I bought a ProClip mount with a Scosche Magic Mount Pro XL. The ProClip just clips on the air vent and the Magic Mount sticks to it and comes with a slim metal piece that I stuck to the OBDII C&C so it's magnetic and can be removed easily. I routed the cable down the left side and then behind the dash so it would come out right where the OBDII port is and plugged it in. The cable is a little long so I rolled up the extra and stuffed it behind the dash so it wouldn't be dangleing in the driver or passenger foot well.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I tried a couple things but ended up with a Garmin style suction mount lower left windshield. I also tried the vent mount, but wanted the AC to actually work for me. Basically, it's what you get used to. One problem is that my polarized prescription sunglasses blank out the screen unless I twist my head 90 deg...that is a hassle...
Mod_Botm_Assm.JPG
Windshield_Normal.JPG
Windshield_Top.JPG
Vent_Close.JPG
Vent_Normal.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts