Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
10,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a lot of you know I retire from the UK Police in June 2014.

We have been looking for a new property with some land and the potential for a big workshop, and eco projects solar panels/wind turbine/gshp etc.

Found this, put in an offer and it has been accepted. ;)

Might be a bit busy next summer now. New place is about 90 minutes from current address.

4 bedroom detached house for sale in The Old Mill, Church Lane, Mappleton, Hornsea, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU18

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sow_voigtlander/350865315/in/photostream/

http://ukmills.co.uk/pages/moredetail.asp?id=1033

Happy Christmas to all.

Peter

·
Registered
386 Posts
Now it's become clear, Your Peter Sellers other wise know as London Chief Inspector Clouseau from The Pink Panther. ;)
Pete here, 350k buy you a used apartment studio 200k-500k range 500k -1,000k gets a 1 bedroom, but could be cheaper out country but not new. That is a deal.;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Retirement

I too have been looking at a property for retirement, mid 2015 is my target date, though i may pick mid 2014 (health issues)

After almost 40 years of living in over- crowded Inner City London, I will be seeking a place in the country, some of the conservation villages in West Yorkshire may well fit the bill.

Counting the "For Sale" and " Sold STC" signs the UK housing market has recovered, the Estate Agents report short cycles for market to offer. In fact gazumping is back.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Congratulations Peter. Presumably you have sold yours?

Looks like a fantastic property, ripe for energy saving measures as you suggest. I recently moved to a character property in the country myself. I have always had poor experiences with conveyancing solicitors and my last move was no different. I hope you have a friend in the trade - that is probably your only chance of a sensible service.

Malcolm - there certainly is house market warming at the moment and I do not expect prices to drop before the next General Election in 2015. However after that all bets are off, especially as we did not have any significant price corrections in 2008. Hopefully you might be able to time your sale and a later purchase just right to add to your retirement fund / Insight purchasing power...

Merry Christmas to all!

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Wow, nice rustic look to it. It looks like the tower is part of the floor plan, but it looks a little out of place. Was it a former wind mill or light house?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Really nice Peter. How much of the property around the house is part of the deal?

That windmill would make a great Amateur Radio station.

ENJOY! :)

·
Administrator
10,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a former corn windmill.

We will sell our present house after we move into the new one.

Hope to move in during July

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
Nice retirement setup. Seems to play well to all your interests. Didn't see the nice garage until I brought up the flickr shot. Congratulations:)

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
I assume $573,195.00?
Can only visionize the mods you will make.

Congrats ........Now the fun work will begin.

Willie

·
Registered
386 Posts
say 350 k pounds, and made a offer, mmmm.... 250-300k but really bit more in dollars.
It's a buyer market in U.K. Most Everybody broke (inflation city,carbon tax pass down) but the queen and governments workers. Really a great deal, buys a large studio here. Can't believe Pete a cop.;)

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
Happy 2014

Wishing all a happy and prosperous 2014, and may all your IMA lights remain unlit:D

·
3,641 Posts
Location, location, location! Right on the North Sea! Wow.

Plenty room for a wind turbine.

·
Administrator
10,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Things moving on now and looking like we will complete sale second week in July!

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
It's the lab from Look Around You!

Congrats, that converted silo (?) Looks like it'll be a blast to decorate.

·
Administrator
10,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Clearing out some stock.

It's an old cornmill ;)

Confirmed we complete the purchase on 11th July.
Moving in the weeks after that. Loads to do.

So had a sort out of the shed today and have some G1 parts to clear.

Tell me what you need UK via e-mail only and I'll see what I have.
Mainly mechanical stuff left.

I also have both sides lower sill garnish in citrus. Serviceable condition.
£85 each or £150 both collection only. Part 1 in diagram below.
Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

·
Registered
894 Posts
Congratulations Peter!

The home looks gorgeous and idyllic.

Truly the well-earned result of a lifetime of hard work.

Best wishes for a happy and fulfulling retirement!

Cheers!
RJB

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
27 Participants
Harborman
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing