Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was kind of disappointed about the Milage I was recieving in My Insight when I bought it (LMPG 54.0) But I now feel that I was worried about nothing. Saturday with a 73'F day I travelled the 170 miles from Fayette Mo to St Louis MO and recieved 75.6 MPG I filled my tank in columbia MO and recieved 81 mpg on that leg

2 people 1 dog and a duffle bag for a estimated weight of 600lbs of passengers and Cargo and a 20 MPH tailwind

·
Registered
30 Posts
Those are great numbers! Just to show that the Insight can get great mileage! Here in So Cal where the temps are mild, at a steady 40-45mph on level road the FCD (instantaneous mpg) bar graph will be right around 100mpg! That is super efficient cruise! Too bad we have to stop for lights and deal with traffic!

·
Registered
131 Posts
i took the insight i plan on buying soon for a test drive today, i got around 30 mpg, but i wasn't going fast at all...i was nervous. still, thats better than my car.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
amplifiedmouse said:
i took the insight i plan on buying soon for a test drive today, i got around 30 mpg, but i wasn't going fast at all...i was nervous. still, thats better than my car.
Well it has to be broken in before it gets the good mileage, especially if it is a CVT. The way you drive makes a big difference too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tonpilot said:
Those are great numbers! Just to show that the Insight can get great mileage! Here in So Cal where the temps are mild, at a steady 40-45mph on level road the FCD (instantaneous mpg) bar graph will be right around 100mpg! That is super efficient cruise! Too bad we have to stop for lights and deal with traffic!
I can get 120+ on highway 12 in NC...35 mph speed limit. Instantaneous mpg bar will read 120-150 mpg with no tailwind. I run 50# in tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool! Maybe I'll try 50psi on the tires one of these days. I just have mine pumped up to 2-3 psi above book value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts