Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UK imperial gallons = 4.54 litres:

Highway: 64mpg (53.3 US MPG or 4.4l/100Km)

Urban: 46.5mpg (38.7 US MPG or 6.1l/100Km)

Using eco mode, with latest software updates.

The IMA update has definately made the car smoother, and regen is kicking in more often, especially while lifting off gas at lower speeds I think.

The car was sitting around for about three weeks, so I expect that the next tank will get better.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Excellent highway MPG!

How did you measure Urban cycle... all urban Tank?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent highway MPG!

How did you measure Urban cycle... all urban Tank?
Highway MPG was measured taking the average of two highway journeys of about 100 miles each. From my house to the highway is about a mile of suburban road, then proceeding to the destination and back again. In essence, both of these were journeys where cruise control was set at 67mph.

The urban cycle was a complete tank of generalised driving that my wife does, (all urban). London suburban traffic in rush hour is fairly heavy, lots of stop starting and very little driving above 35mph. Ave speed is 19mpg over the tank. Fuel is 95 octane (standard UK pump unleaded).

I am going to re-run the tank with 98 octane to see if it is worth the difference in cost, but my gut reaction is that on a hybrid, it might not be - but we will see.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts

I'm surprised at 64mpg at 67mph though (I've forgotten what that speed feels like it's been so long). That's great:cool:
The words of an Insight hypermiler. ;)

·
Registered
831 Posts
My urban is better than highway, but 99.5% of it is free flowing traffic with cruise set at 30mph. The insight loves that.

I'm surprised at 64mpg at 67mph though (I've forgotten what that speed feels like it's been so long). That's great:cool:
Gotta love that. The Insight is pretty amazing when driven for fuel efficiency. Hypermiling nirvana.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've generally got my best fuel economy at higher speeds too. It's probably because there is rarely opportunity to drive on a 30mph road around here for more than about 100 to 500 yds without stopping. To get a mile away from my house I have to pass about 5 sets of pedestrian crossings with traffic lights.

I drive at up to 70 mph on motorways but motorway trips are the only ones where I ever break 60 mpgUK (unless it's like 5am and there's nobody else on the road).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Uriel
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing