Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now owned my 2004 CVT for about 3 weeks. I have experimented with various driving styles. As I said in my "Where's the beef?" posting, I continue to get the best MPG when the car does not use the energy efficient/saving hybrid technology.

I am very proud to report that I took a 56.9 mile trip today (6 miles of it was city traffic), with lots of inclines/decents on the freeway, and got an amazing 72.1 MPG :lol: (REMEMBER, THIS IS A CVT!!!)

I am having a blast driving this thing! On my first oil change, I plan to switch to Mobil 1. I upped my tire pressure to 42/40 (The delaer sent me off the lot with 25psi and I drove a 1200 mile trip at 25psi. Tire pressure makes all the difference!).

I am trying to recall other CVT posts of highest MPG reported. I will have to search the archive here to see what others have reported?

Thanks to all for your posts ... I have learned a lot!

Don :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi DonWatson:

___That mileage is simply excellent! Might I suggest not only some Mobil1 0W-20 synthetic at your first change but up those tire pressures to 50 +. It sounds like you’re a hypermiler in the making and 50 #’s in the RE92’s is almost mandatory for tank over tank averages above EPA estimates …

___If you have the time, create an account over at GreenHybrid.com so you can post your tank over tank(s). You would be the first CVT based Insight on the Hypermiler list!

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/index.php?showtopic=797

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:23cfkygz][email protected][/email:23cfkygz]

·
Registered
58 Posts
CVT mpg

I've gotten 73.3 on a 40 mile trip.....but it always seems to go back to 60mpg by the time I fill up again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got over 70mpg when I drove through the southwest (new mexico and arizona) but that was in scorching temperatures. Never got close to that on the east coast.

I'm finding now that i'm not driving much on the highways my mpg's have fallen drastically. I was averaging 59mpg after the first month of the summer, now I'm averaging around 52mpg (57.1mpg for the whole summer). Still kind of depressing since I wanted to break the 60mpg barrior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts