Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving a 2003 CVT Insight (red) in Los Angeles. It has 7550 miles on it, and I have noticed that my mpg has been dropping - used to be 50mpg, now I am down to about 46. When I tank up, the mileage is worse, and then as I get above 200 miles in the tank, the performance improves. From what I've read here, others get better mileage with a full tank. Any suggestions?

My tire pressure is OK (about 38 ) and has been constant.
Had my oil changed at 7500 miles, but the problem existed before the oil change.

I am completely non-technical, so please be easy on your advice. My Honda dealer doesn't know much about Insights - does anyone know of a knowledgeable service department in Westside of LA or South Bay?

Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
My 2¢- up the air pressure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2003 CVT with 6500 miles on it. On hilly roads the milage is not as good as on a more level freeway. On the freeway at 70 mph the average is about 55 mpg with a good draft about 65 mpg. This is fully loaded with air. A light right foot improves milage considerably and dropping the mph to 60 does wonders. I love to drive the car in the 75 to 80 mph because it does it so easy, the trade off is less mpg. I am not as dedicated as some in keeping the mpg up. One of my other cars is a tube chassis Super Pro dragster that takes one gallon of gas to go 1/4 mile. Have fun!:roll:

·
Registered
453 Posts
MiriamS said:
My tire pressure is OK (about 38 ) and has been constant.
Had my oil changed at 7500 miles, but the problem existed before the oil change.

My Honda dealer doesn't know much about Insights ?

Thanks
You need more air in the tires

Check your oil level. Are you sure that the dealership used the correct oil?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts