Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motoway trip MPG(UK),
210 miles, always follow lorry or van on 55-60 miles/h, and the result is very good for me.
BUT without cruise control to mange it is a fxxking ballpain.

for the past 4 weeks, total 903 miles, I made this.

I can easily mange to get 55-60 MPG(UK) on my daily trip from home to office.

·
Registered
7 Posts
qianjizhao - what fuel are you using? - I'm also in the UK (in South Wales, so it's a bit hilly) and my average for work commutes is in the low 50's - best I ever achieved on a long run was 66...

My overall average is still a bit lower though :(

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Wow, that is great. I think you take the price for highest mpg. There is too much dam traffic and construction in i95 my main route the past 5 years to do anything like that any more.

Whats more interesting is that you managed to display it in standard vs metrics. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
qianjizhao - what fuel are you using? - I'm also in the UK (in South Wales, so it's a bit hilly) and my average for work commutes is in the low 50's - best I ever achieved on a long run was 66...

My overall average is still a bit lower though :(
Mate, I'm using Morrisons unleaded.
My daily trip is between Basingstoke & Newbury. I can manage 55MPG easily on daily trip.
I made that 73.1MPG on the trip from Basingstoke to Manchaster yesterday 17:30-21:30. A339, A34, M40, M6. I was the only one running 55-60miles/h on M6 toll like a n00b.
To reach 73.1 is really hard, especially without cruise control.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, that is great. I think you take the price for highest mpg. There is too much dam traffic and construction in i95 my main route the past 5 years to do anything like that any more.

Whats more interesting is that you managed to display it in standard vs metrics. :)
UK version, the left button on dashboard is for change between miles and kms.
here you are

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Also, for those of us on the left side of the pond, there is more volume in a imperial gallon, so we cannot compare MPG exactly.

One imperial gallon equals 1.2009 U.S. gallons

Therefore: the 63.9 reported here would be equal to 53.2 in the U.S. (still impressive)

Here a conversion calculator:

Fuel Consumption Conversion Calculator

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's not misleading if you are actually in the UK. Neither is having your steering wheel on the right and driving on the left side of the center line. But it is a good reason to put your location in your profile (as these folks have) so we know to adjust our measurements.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does this mean all the fuel misers in the UK are also reporting misleading mpg? :confused:
First, we pay 1.35 GBP per liter here, about 2.09 USD a liter.
That's why I got this hybrid, don't tell me you are reducing CO2 with your hybrid. ;)
Second, I maked MPG(UK) in the first line and provided L/100km screenshot to avoid any misleading for everyone, sounds like you are typical ignorant person.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I didnt pay any attention to steering wheel location. Ive notice in other countries its more often on the left than right for what ever reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts