Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any other 06-07 Hybrid Civic drivers out there noticed you MPG Gauge drop down to zero seemingly out of nowhere? I'll be crusing along 50-60 mph and a few times the gauge will drop to zero and stay there for a short time. If this is the time the car is in electric only mode wouldn't it stand to reason that the MPG gauge would max out and 100? If this isn't the time its in electric only mode does anyone know how to tell when it is and how to make it come about? Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. Almost done with the first tank of gas and I'm getting 52 MPG. Transfering all I've learned driving the insight the last 7 years has helped get the MPG higher on the Civic. Getting 60 MPG for a tank would be a real accomplishment, now if I can just find a way to drive to work downhill both ways I'm sure I could do it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I've noticed the gage does this as well, though I'm not sure why. What I do know is it does it right at that threshold before you are off the throttle enough where it goes in to "off" cam mode and seals the cylinders so you are just coasting alone with no fuel being burned. At the point where you go to that coast mode the mpg gauge jumps quickly to 100 and will stay there until you give it enough throttle that it starts burning fuel again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts