Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a new battery installed:

Getting around 44-46 MPG after installing new battery.
Was originally getting 56-58 MPG before the old battery went bad.

Any idea what I should do? Also, is the K&N air filter good for the Insight?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Also, is the K&N air filter good for the Insight?
Foam and oil filter is not as good a filter function as paper element filters; and as the Insight has a very low pressure drop in the intake , any flow gains may be minimal.
The paper filter changeout time is a long term in the insight according to the service schedule; in fact the more clogged the better the filtration.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
We are hitting around 107F this week, AC maybe affecting your MPG? I'd also be curious to know if they changed your BCM MCM versions? I was getting in the 40 MPGs range until I completey drained my freon from the car, vacuumed it back down and added the right amount of oil and freon back in, now I'm getting 53 in the city. Could do better but the constant stopping at lights kills me.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention my AC doesn't hiss at me anymore when the AC compressor cycles off, my wife had actually started calling my car the iron lung becuase of the constant hissing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I switched out the IMA battery with HybridRevolt. I wonder if it's the tire pressure too. The AC has been pretty much consistent with the 56 MPG. I'm trying to think what else could be the issue. What PSI should I be at? They were nitrogen filled when I bought them.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I run between 40-45 PSI, if Matt did the battery then it should be the same BCM/MCM so that shouldn't have changed anything. Did you pull and install your battery or have Matt do it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I run between 40-45 PSI, if Matt did the battery then it should be the same BCM/MCM so that shouldn't have changed anything. Did you pull and install your battery or have Matt do it?
I had matt do it. I'm not sure what the issue is at this point. I'm taking it on a road trip next week and would like it figured out.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Sending you a PM, call me this weekend and lets see if we can take a look at it before your trip.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to give a big thank you to GilbertGuy, he helped me a million. The guy is very considerate and willing to help anyone. I will be posting more to this soon, just currently busy catching up on work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts