Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... yeah its true... I've noticed as my insight has aged... its getting better mileage... I've also learned to appreciate lean burn mode now... however city drving is still a challenge... especially in the winter... but this year my insight didn't see a winter.

The insight could use a better battery for inner city driving. Maybe Mike will make us one:)

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
meow77 said:
Well... yeah its true... I've noticed as my insight has aged... its getting better mileage... I've also learned to appreciate lean burn mode now
I think you have hit nail on head almost! You have aged as well, and you now appreciate lean burn, this is most likely the cause of your MPG improvements. As the car gets older the bearings loosen up, the engine gets slacker, all contributing to a slight reduction in friction and subsequent increase in effciency. We tend to slow down as we get older as well, an instant mpg winner :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... maybe your right... I don't have the need to burn rubber anymore... I do appreciate the car much more now than when I first got it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts