Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's pretty impressive to get figures like that. I just returned from a trip to Oxnard and then back to Astoria by way of Nevada and got in the high 50's overall. I am running a grid charge on the battery and expect the mileage to improve. I hope so. I could have bought a lot of gas for what the grid charger and discharger cost. I will have to check the PCV valve, too, "just to make sure." These are great cars and offer endless opportunities for tinkering and modifications.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Nice! I do about the same if I have at tail wind coming to work. I just don't care to go slow enough for leanburn anymoe, esp with the new speed limis being 70mph.

I get 52-55mpg, most days, going 75-90mph. If there is a tailwind or I get lucky finding some higher speed drafting vehicles, I can get 60-65.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Only time I go that fast is engine off coasting down mountains getting ∞ MPG (infinite). :D

That is incredible fuel economy at those speeds though!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is this the only test like this that's been done? I went from Vegas to St George hammer down 95+ and managed 39MPGs (85 and you're getting past by 50% of traffic). I wonder if all the aero tricks in the G1s design that work for pure eco will work for non eco eco?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Is this the only test like this that's been done? I went from Vegas to St George hammer down 95+ and managed 39MPGs (85 and you're getting past by 50% of traffic). I wonder if all the aero tricks in the G1s design that work for pure eco will work for non eco eco?
Aero does become more important the gaster you go...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Yup. To be honest I'm not aware of any other car that can achieve 50+mpg, real world, when going 75-85mph.

It's a great car. Kind of gave up hypermiling; the cost savings vs the time spent just isn't worth it.

I think air ride on the insight would be a really nice addition; not only would it improve ride quality substantially when aired out, it would reduce drag even further. Would probably make highway commuting even better.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
That 79 MPH average was only for 7.1 Miles per your garmin?

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
I seen that, I was just questioning what the "fuzzy" garmin was showing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts