Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the Mugen Kit installed Yesterday. It took about 3 weeks for the painter to get the right materials, then a couple days to paint it. Once it was back at Road///Race Motorsports for install I had to wait for my schedule to open up for install. That happened yesterday and today I washed the car and took some pictures.

I added some Carbon Fauxber to give the kit a more unique look. Next up is getting gloss black vinyl for the roof and some black wheels.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,777 Posts
Where is our VROOOoom pipe?

It looks great.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mugen

Looks sweet, man. Looking forward to more reports and pics.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to get the Cusco coilover kit and some of their braces. I am going to talk to Stop Tech about getting the Honda Fit big brake kit on the car and I am going to have Road///Race make some custom suspension bars and braces for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your car's looking good there, punksmurph. Am actually thinking to get some carbon fauxber to stick on the license plate area and all of my Modulo body kit parts. Not sure if it would look good though...Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your car's looking good there, punksmurph. Am actually thinking to get some carbon fauxber to stick on the license plate area and all of my Modulo body kit parts. Not sure if it would look good though...Decisions, decisions...
I try to keep the CF to trim items. If you over do it on a body kit then it could look out of place. Real CF body kits are good when you have a dark colored car but the vinyl I used is mat and I don't think it would have been great on the car. If you have a gloss CF vinyl it could look good, but I would try to test it out on a side skirt or small er piece to see how it comes out. But for sure do it on the bumper area, gives the car a whole new look.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Same here, the only trim worse than CF is the wood grain. I hate seeing it in the dash and on the side as fake panels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks amazing! I dream of the day I can drive with a 2nd Mugen Insight! Time to drop that car. Looks very nice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks amazing! I dream of the day I can drive with a 2nd Mugen Insight! Time to drop that car. Looks very nice.
I am going to go with a Cusco suspension, they have a complete line of coilovers, also they are like 40 minutes from my house. My big question right now is wheels, I have and idea of the look I want, but it is hard to find in 17" and black. I want a good 5 or 6 spoke wheel in black for the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts